The one who rules righteously, who rules in the fear of God, is like the light of the morning at sunrise, like a morning without clouds, like the gleaming of the sun on new grass after rain. 2 Samuel 23:3-4
I am not a fan of rain. In fact, I absolutely hate it. Rainy days make me want to find the deepest, darkest hole to crawl into…seriously! This same sentiment also fits my mood when the rain starts to pour and I walk through the many storms of life. The verse above, however, reminds me that no matter what storms I face, no matter how many cloudy days I have in life, the sun will eventually shine again, and something new will be made from the chaos and madness.
I have been nominated for the Sunshine Award by Vickie at http://wateringcanblog.com. Stop by her blog! She has some amazing posts on faith, family, and even DIY ideas! Thanks so much for the nomination, Vickie!
The rules are:
1. Include the Sunshine Award badge in your post.
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you.
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award.
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
6. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
1. Who would play you if your life were made into a movie? Wow! Never had to think of this before. Probably, Jennifer Lawrence-because she is clumsy, mouthy, and SO not Hollywood!
2. Where in the world would you most like to travel? I enjoy traveling in general, so anywhere outside of my hometown is a treat for me. However, my travel bucket list is definitely New York City and Italy.
3. What is the best thing about blogging? I started as a way to chronicle all the journaling I was doing at 4 am in the mornings when I couldn’t sleep. The best thing about the blogging experience has been being able to truly see God in the day to day chaos we call life, and sharing these experiences with others.
4. What is your secret indulgence? Definitely living room dance parties-SOLO! Not much of a secret anymore, now is it?
5. If someone handed you $1,000 tomorrow what would you spend it on? I would very selfishly purchase the perfect pair of black pumps…Louboutins, of course!
6. What do you never leave home without? Chapstick. Definitely, Chapstick!
7. What is your favorite meal of the day? Dinner. This is the meal that my youngest son and I cook together, and the one I will cherish for years to come, I hope.
8. What makes you laugh? Really, anything! I can find the humor in most situations and even laugh at myself sometimes, but the thing that makes me laugh the most is my son’s laughter. It is definitely contagious.
9. Who would be your ideal dinner party guests? My brother. I have not had dinner with him in years…so, yes, my brother.
10. What was the last thing you googled? Angel Tree bulletin board displays…I am trying a more creative approach to the standard Christmas tree display.
Those were some tough questions, Vickie! Now it is time to share a few of the blogs that inspire me on a daily basis.
- Sunshine and Laughter (wateringcanblog.com)